Today I spent the whole day with my family! It was great!! Now, I know you are probably thinking, "Rachel, you're a SAHM, you're with your family EVERY day!" Right? Well, not entirely.... today, I got to spend the day with not just my kiddos, but also, my mom, in laws, and brother all visited us today! My in-laws spent lunchtime with The Bunch and my mom and brother came for dinner! My house is pretty chaotic on our own, but when we have visitors, WOW, it gets nuts!
I had a friend say one time, "Rachel, how are you NOT in therapy with the kids this crazy all the time?" THANKFULLY, they are NOT this crazy all the time! Surely mine aren't the only kids who get like this, right? They're awesome kids... but when company comes, they get wild... they run, they scream, they climb all over the guest as though he/she is a jungle gym. It's like my kids transform in seconds to someone else's children!
I love the adult conversation involved with company.... BUT ... I DO NOT love having to say "get down" "stop climbing" "get your feet out of his face" "get off her shoulders"... you get my point, right?
I have captured a moment of their craziness... the "bunch" on my mom!!
I had a friend say one time, "Rachel, how are you NOT in therapy with the kids this crazy all the time?" THANKFULLY, they are NOT this crazy all the time! Surely mine aren't the only kids who get like this, right? They're awesome kids... but when company comes, they get wild... they run, they scream, they climb all over the guest as though he/she is a jungle gym. It's like my kids transform in seconds to someone else's children!
I love the adult conversation involved with company.... BUT ... I DO NOT love having to say "get down" "stop climbing" "get your feet out of his face" "get off her shoulders"... you get my point, right?
I have captured a moment of their craziness... the "bunch" on my mom!!




hahaha, there is something about company that makes kids go crazy, with my kids it manifests when other children come over, mine feel the need to pull out every toy and dump out all the bins...ah fun.
ReplyDeleteSome of mine are old enough to be the opposite now. More interested in their video game than someone who may have driven 5 hours to see them. Not sure which is more embarrassing. :/
ReplyDelete