LOL... looking at my title, it occurred to me that tomorrow's title might be the same!
Today was fun with friends because I took The Bunch to the soccer field with my friend Lisa and her kiddos! There are no toys or playground equipment, but these 7 children- ages 1,1,2,2,3,4,&6 didn't need equipment! By George...there was dirt! There was a BIG PILE of dirt that kept them entertained for about an hour! My kids were so covered in dirt that my tub was even covered in dirt! Didn't know it was possible to get so dirty! But they LOVED every minute of it... and mommy LOVED every minute of conversation with Lisa!
Today was fun with food because I experimented a little bit. I found a recipe on Pinterest for a Mexican Bean Salad. I used it as a guide, but changed it up a little bit... You can click on the title for the link to the ACTUAL recipe... but here's what I did! (pretty and colorful, right??) It was so yummy that even my father-in-law said repeatedly that he liked it... and asked my MIL to make some for him!Mexican Bean Salad
-Mix the "stuff" together in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the "dressing". Then toss both together until well mixed. Refrigerate and serve chilled. DELISH!!
**This makes A LOT... good amount for a potluck!
"Stuff Ingredients"
*1-15oz can rinsed/drained corn
*1-15oz can rinsed/drained petite diced tomatoes
*1-15oz can rinsed/drained kidney beans
*1-15oz can rinsed/drained black beans
*1-15oz can rinsed/drained Great Northern beans
*1 green bell pepper, chopped
*1 onion, chopped
*1 small jalapeno, chopped
*1 cup elbow macaroni noodles (cooked/drained)
"Dressing Ingredients"
*1/2 C olive oil
*1/2 C apple cider vinegar
*2 tsp lime juice (concentrate)
*1 tsp lemon juice (concentrate)
*2 Tbsp sugar
*1 Tbsp salt
*1 tsp garlic powder
*1/2 tsp black pepper
*1 tsp chili powder
*1 tsp cayenne pepper
*1 dash hot pepper sauce





No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to comment- I like to know when you've been here! I love my readers :)