Saturday, December 3, 2011

Grandparents and Yummy Dinner

Today was a day all about grandparents!

This morning, my mom came over and spent several hours... the kids climbed all over her like a human jungle gym! I'm pretty sure she loved EVERY minute of it!

Then, this afternoon, my in laws came over for several hours! My FIL loves playing Angry Birds... as do the kiddos... so, that's pretty much how he spent HIS visit here! My MIL just played with the babies... As with my mom, I'm pretty sure she loved EVERY minute of her visit too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

For dinner, we had Tex Mex Casserole... I found a recipe called Velveeta Tex Mex and tweaked it to what I had on hand.

Seasonings: (amounts vary based on taste)
chili powder
cayenne pepper
salt
pepper
onion powder
garlic
cumin

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
bag of frozen hash browns (not shredded, diced)... I got the OreIda Potatoes O'Brien- diced potatoes with diced onions and peppers
2 cups shredded cheddar
8 oz cream cheese
16oz frozen corn
1-15 oz can diced tomatoes
1-15 oz can kidney beans

*Brown meat, drain. In same skillet, add the rest of ingredients except the shredded cheese. Cook until hot and bubbly. Add shredded cheese and let stand until melted. We served on whole wheat tortillas. BUT it can be just served as is!! It was so very yummy!

1 comment:

Please feel free to comment- I like to know when you've been here! I love my readers :)