Monday, February 9, 2009

Mommy Brain

Today was a fun and crazy day! We still don't have a vehicle that will hold our whole clan, so my father-in-law allowed us to borrow his van so Tim and I could have a day out with the kids! We haven't done this since Jonathan and Isabella were born. We set out on our adventure at 9:30 this morning. It really is an adventure toting around 4 kids under 4 years old! Our 1st stop was Kmart... anything to get away from Wal-Mart, right? About 5 minutes into the store, I get a phone call that my grandfather just passed away from a heart attack. Crazy because his heart was great... he had liver cancer and we all thought it would be the cancer that would take him. But thankfully, the chemo was going great & he felt better than ever! So, it comes as a big surprise that he had a heart attack and died this morning. Of course, I am a mess. Then in his 3 year old innocence, Xander says "Mommy, why is grandpa Scott's heart sick?" What do you say to a question like this? So, I just hugged him... and he was clueless! But he hugged back!

Anyways, on happier notes, we left Kmart a little while later- after buying a new outfit for each of the kids! We took Asher for his 15 month check up and twins for a weight check. We did the twins first, since weighing them is obviously easier! Anyways, I undressed Jonathan and the nurse undressed Isabella. Since she had Isabella, she weighed her first (9lbs, 4 oz) then gave her to me and I gave Jonathan to her. After she weighed him (9lbs, 14 oz) we went back to the room so I could dress the babies! My frazzled mind only remembered the fact that I had Jonathan when I left the room, not that I traded kids with the nurse and came back in with Isabella. So, I proceeded to dress the kids. While I was warming their bottles, they laid on the table. I turned around to give Jonathan to Tim to feed and realized what I had done.... Jonathan had red hair!! Well, that is, the kid in blue/brown clothing had red hair and the kid in pink had black hair! OOPS... wrong clothes! I dressed them wrong- poor Jonathan was wearing pink!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe I screwed up like that! Asher got his turn with the doctor (24 lbs)... he's as healthy as a horse! He got 4 shots.... he just loved that, right?? So, no more shots for him... at least not for another 3 months!

So, after being at the pediatrician's office for almost 2 hours, we finally left and went out for lunch! I always knew that having twins was an invitation to the whole world to stop and talk to you! But today was nuts! People at the next tables weren't eating because they just couldn't stop watching my babies sleep! So they said.... plus, I have such "adorable children" they all had to stare! It's really hard to eat in peace with people watching over your shoulder!! I discovered while eating though how gross back-wash really is! I was holding a cup of water for Asher to drink. I didn't realize he had cookie crumbs and M&M's in his mouth. So as he was drinking, ewww... grosses me out thinking about it.... as he drank, there was brown, crumby saliva floating back into the cup. It's so gross- just reiterates to me that kids should not share drinks!!!

We left the restaurant to head home. I spent the next couple of hours trying to figure out how to get my mom and me to Florida for my g-pa's funeral... Oh my Gosh.... how do the airlines expect people to fly when they're charging almost $500 per person! In this crazy economy where people are broke, how can we afford to get somewhere we need to be when the airlines are charging that much money? Frustrated....

Finally, at dinner, I fixed a sippy cup of milk and put it in front of my mother in law to drink. Obviously it was not meant for her, but this just shows that my mind is still frazzled (it was for Asher)! So, here I am writing about my day... hoping my craziness has made you smile! If not, just picture a boy in pink, and picture Xander saying, "Silly mommy!!!"

Until next time...........

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa, hopefully you will find a way to get down there and be with family.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment- I like to know when you've been here! I love my readers :)