Sunday, September 11, 2011

Parks and Sketti Dogs




Today was a fun day. Since I knew I would be exhausted from the weekend of TMOM Sale stuff, I took last night off of work! SO, since no work last night, no sleeping all day today! It was nice to enjoy seeing Tim today, instead of rushing to bed and not seeing much of him! Xander went to church with his friend from school. So since we can all fit in the car if he's NOT with us, we decided to take the three littles to the park to run around for awhile! Our little park has a splash pad- normally the water is turned on to it from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Asher REALLY wanted to play in the water- even though I told him it wasn't working. He went over to the button & it actually turned on! They were THRILLED...and soaked! LOL, but they had a blast! They played on the slides too. I was so impressed by Jonathan and Bella- they climbed the little rock wall. I still think of them as babies...not almost 3 year olds. I forget that they can be more adventurous than they used to be! It was fun watching them explore the BIG slide and rock wall that they'd never tried out before!!

For dinner, I fixed the kids hot dogs... but instead of just boring plain hot dogs, I did "Sketti Dogs"!! All four kids LOVE them...they practically inhaled them! I'm so glad!! In case you missed the blog months ago when I talked about them, here's what you do:

Cut up a hot dog into 4 small pieces. Feed 4 uncooked spaghetti noodles through the hot dog pieces. Boil them according to the spaghetti cooking directions (I usually add an extra minute or two to be sure the pasta INSIDE the hot dog is cooked good)... then serve. Tim tosses them with a little butter. I did not! But either way, the kids LOVE them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment- I like to know when you've been here! I love my readers :)